Friday, September 5, 2014

One pan pasta



One pan pasta! Super easy and so scrumptious. I love this meal for easy nights and most of all I love it because I use one pan. If I can save on washing up, well that's a pat on the back for me. 











Ingredients:

2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 onion finely chopped
500g of lean minced beef
3 cloves of garlic
1 good handful of chopped parsley 
1 can of crushed tomatoes ( or I used passata because that's what I had)
1/4 teaspoon of chilli
1/4 teaspoon of oregano
1/4 teaspoon of thyme 
1/4 teaspoon of rosemary
Good pinch of salt flakes 
2 cups of water
1 pack of pasta of your choice
1/4 of a cup of cream
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese 
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 good handful of chopped basil


Method:

1. Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat for 4minutes.
2. Add beef and brown on medium to hi heat.
3. When brown, add the chilli, oregano, thyme, rosemary and parsley.
4. Stir through crushed tomatoes, water and salt. 
5. Add pasta (if adding spaghetti you must brake the spaghetti in half). Push pasta into sauce, cover and cook until tender, on a medium simmer. ( Make sure to stir so pasta doesn't stick together) 
6. Stir through Parmesan cheese, cream and basil.
7. Cover top of pasta and sauce mixture with mozzarella cheese and place under the grill until cheese is melted and golden brown. ( keep a firm eye so you don't burn your pasta) 


To make this meal even easier I like to prepare all my ingredients in advance, it makes me feel more organised. One other thing I like to do is bring my pan to the table and serve.  I promise this is the last suggestion, this meal is also wonderful served with a simple green salad and garlic bread. 

Let me know if you would like me to feature some more of my easy family meals! 
Enjoy! 






No comments:

Post a Comment