Monday, September 29, 2014
I was sent an email requesting a blog on what I feed this family of seven. Well I love menu planning, creating new recipes and feeding this family of mine, even though it can be a challenge sometimes.
I plan my menu around what our weekly commitments are and I always give myself a easy night. I shop weekly as I don't like freezing lots of meat and like my fruit and vegetables fresh. If you follow my facebook and Instagram then you will already know that Friday night is pizza night and the whole family love it!
Anyway here is a week of meals.....
Spaghetti and meatballs
Roast lamb to go with our pumpkin salad
Salmon for easy night served with salad, cob of corn and homemade chips
Shepards pie w/ broccolini
Saturday, September 20, 2014
Here is one of my all time favourite and easy dinner options. If I was to serve zucchini any other time half the tribe would turn their noses up and refuse to eat, but when all blended up and mixed with all the other yummy ingredients they gobble it all up.
This is great in lunch boxes.
What you'll need
2 large zucchini
1-2 medium carrots
1 large onion, finely chopped
1-2 clove of garlic
300g of bacon, finely chopped
1/2 cup self raising flour or the same gluten free
1 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180 c
2. Grease a 30 x20 cm rectangular dish.
3. Beat eggs in a large bowl.
4. Grate zucchini, carrot and cheese.
5. Add all ingredients to egg mixture and combine.
6. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
We like to eat our slice with salad and you can include garlic bread if you wish.
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Holidays have officially started and I am one very happy Mummy. I just love the holidays, having control of our own time, sleeping in, pj days, baking with the kids, walks together, picnics in the park and a few days at the beach.
Today I took the kids for a scooter ride, well I didn't scooter I pushed Hetty in the pram. We visited the ducks on the way, stopped and got hot chips to eat at the park and then took our time getting home. We then all lounged around on the deck, Hetty and I had a kip and the kiddos are swimming.
Life is great! Especially on holidays!
Thursday, September 11, 2014
Friday, September 5, 2014
One pan pasta! Super easy and so scrumptious. I love this meal for easy nights and most of all I love it because I use one pan. If I can save on washing up, well that's a pat on the back for me.
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 onion finely chopped
500g of lean minced beef
3 cloves of garlic
1 good handful of chopped parsley
1 can of crushed tomatoes ( or I used passata because that's what I had)
1/4 teaspoon of chilli
1/4 teaspoon of oregano
1/4 teaspoon of thyme
1/4 teaspoon of rosemary
Good pinch of salt flakes
2 cups of water
1 pack of pasta of your choice
1/4 of a cup of cream
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 good handful of chopped basil
1. Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat for 4minutes.
2. Add beef and brown on medium to hi heat.
3. When brown, add the chilli, oregano, thyme, rosemary and parsley.
4. Stir through crushed tomatoes, water and salt.
5. Add pasta (if adding spaghetti you must brake the spaghetti in half). Push pasta into sauce, cover and cook until tender, on a medium simmer. ( Make sure to stir so pasta doesn't stick together)
6. Stir through Parmesan cheese, cream and basil.
7. Cover top of pasta and sauce mixture with mozzarella cheese and place under the grill until cheese is melted and golden brown. ( keep a firm eye so you don't burn your pasta)
To make this meal even easier I like to prepare all my ingredients in advance, it makes me feel more organised. One other thing I like to do is bring my pan to the table and serve. I promise this is the last suggestion, this meal is also wonderful served with a simple green salad and garlic bread.
Let me know if you would like me to feature some more of my easy family meals!