These would have to be one of the yummiest cookies I have ever made!
Very easy and sooooo good, especially with a good coffee or as the kids would prefer dunked in a glass of milk. As you can see from the photo as quick as I make them little hands are there taking, so I didn't get to put the cookies together with the white icing. They are still just as yummy without the icing.
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 to 1 1/2 cups of sugar
125g room temperature unsalted butter(you may need more)
1 large egg
2 cups of sifted icing sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
60g unsalted butter (add more if needed)
- Preheat oven to 180 c.
- In electric mixer, mix all dry ingredients together and while mixing on low speed add butter and egg.
- Mix well until dough forms and comes together in a ball.
- Take teaspoons full of bough and roll into balls, place on baking paper on a biscuit tray.
- Slightly flatten the dough.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until cooked, rotate once for even baking(all ovens are different so keep an eye on cookies when cooking).
- Allow cookies to cool completely before icing.
- To make icing, place icing sugar, butter and vanilla in a electric mixer and mix until smooth, adding more butter if needed(you can add cocoa if you would like a chocolate icing).
- Sandwich all the cookies together with icing or eat them plain.
* If you would like the Oreo cookies to be closer to the original, then I have taken out half cup of sugar before, yum!
All I can say is give them a go you will love them and let me know how they go, I love recieving comments.