They turned out just as I remembered. I promise, you start eating them and it is very hard to stop.
What you will need
Makes about 8
2 1/2 cups of self raising flour
1/4 tsp of salt
2 tbsp of butter
1/2 - 3/4 cup of sultanas
2 tbsp of caster sugar
3/4 cup of milk
1. Sift flour and salt into large bowl.
2. Rub in butter quickly with finger tips.
3. Add sultanas.
4. In a large jug add milk, egg and sugar, making sure to dissolve sugar completely.
5. Mix into a moist dough using a knife. Sometimes you may need to add a small amount more of flour.
6. Turn onto floured board and press out to about 1 inch thick. Mixture can be very sticky.
7. Cut into scones and place on a floured tray touching each other, so that they will help each other rise.
8. Brush with milk.
9. Bake in a hot oven for about 12 minutes .
10. Wrap in tea towel to cool.
11. Best eaten hot with butter, Jam and cream to be really naughty.
* don't be scared to add more flour or milk, sometimes I need to.
I hope you enjoy. Leave me a comment to let me know if you try them.