Friday, November 21, 2014

Pancakes

I know we all have a recipe for pancakes and really I think maybe I'm taking simple and easy to the extreme ...... I have used this recipe for as long as I can remember and it never fails.  Great for Saturday mornings when I have more time on my hands. Nevertheless I just had to share.







You'll need

1 1/2 cups of milk
1 egg
1 tsp of vanilla
2 cups of self raising flour
1/4 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
1/3 cup of sugar 
Melted butter

Method

1. Combine milk, egg and vanilla and whisk in a medium size jug.
2. In a mixing bowl combine flour, bicarbonate of soda and sugar.
3. Make well in centre of flour mixture, add milk mixture and whisk until well combined.
4. Heat non stick pan  on medium and brush with butter. 
5. Using large spoon, spoon in mixture and cook for 3 mins or until bubbles appear. Turn and cook for another 3 minutes or until cooked.
* remember to brush pan with butter between batches

The great thing about this recipe is you can add anything to the mixture, blueberries, banana, chocolate chips and the list goes on.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment