This recipe is not made the traditional way, if it was I just wouldn't have time to make risotto. As I have mentioned before I need to create yummy meals fast and they need to be easy. Nights can be very hectic when you have seven to cook for. The method used makes a beautiful risotto.
I hope you try this recipe and enjoy it as much as we do.
For this weeks dinner I made it with a seafood marinara and cream combo.
You will need a Microwave for this recipe. I think maybe this recipe is the only time I use my microwave.
What you'll need
2 cups of arborio rice
1 medium onion
2 tbsp of butter
1/2 cup of white wine
1 litre of stock
125g of Parmesan cheese
Seafood Marinara Combination
1 kg Seafood Marinara mix
1 bunch of Dill
Salt and Pepper
1. Melt butter in microwave on high for 1 minute.
2. Add chopped onion to melted butter and cook for 2minutes.
3. Add rice and white wine to butter and onion mix and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add stock to mixture and cook for 8 minutes.
a. When stock and rice mixture is cooking in microwave, on your stove top heat olive oil on medium
/high and add seafood mixture to pan.
b. Cook seafood well, add Aspargus, mix through dill, pepper and cream.
c. Turn heat to low and keep an eye on cream so it doesn't separate.
5. Stir rice and stock mixture and cook in microwave for a further 10 minutes.
6. Remove from microwave and stir through Parmesan cheese and pepper.
7. Finally, stir through seafood marinara cream mixture and serve.
# This made enough for 8 serves.
You have to love a risotto with no continual stirring, always good when you have a two year old wanting to be held during dinner prep.