Friday, November 7, 2014

Risotto

One of our family favourite meals. I have wanted to share this meal for such a long time. One of my very dear friends gave me this recipe after the twins were born and I had three children under two, she could see my need for fast and easy recipes. Well as this family has grown it has certainly become a regular around here and a huge favourite. The variety of combinations you can use when making risotto is endless.

This recipe is not made the traditional way, if it was I just wouldn't have time to make risotto. As I have mentioned before I need to create yummy meals fast and they need to be easy. Nights can be very hectic when you have seven to cook for. The method used makes a beautiful risotto. 

I hope you try this recipe and enjoy it as much as we do.

For this weeks dinner I made it with a seafood marinara and cream combo.




You will need a Microwave for this recipe. I think maybe this recipe is the only time I use my microwave. 

 What you'll need

Risotto base
2 cups of arborio rice
1 medium onion
2 tbsp of butter
1/2 cup of white wine
1 litre of stock
125g of Parmesan cheese
Pepper

Seafood Marinara Combination
1 kg Seafood Marinara mix
400ml cream 
Olive oil
1 bunch of Dill
Salt and Pepper


Method
1. Melt butter in microwave on high for 1 minute.
2. Add chopped onion to melted butter and cook for 2minutes.
3. Add rice and white wine to butter and onion mix and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add stock to mixture and cook for 8 minutes. 
     a. When stock and rice mixture is cooking in microwave, on your stove top heat olive oil on medium
          /high and add seafood mixture to pan.
      b. Cook seafood well, add Aspargus, mix through dill, pepper and cream. 
      c. Turn heat to low and keep an eye on cream so it doesn't separate.
5. Stir rice and stock mixture and cook in microwave for a further 10 minutes.
6. Remove from microwave and stir through Parmesan cheese and pepper.
7. Finally, stir through seafood marinara cream mixture and serve.

# This made enough for 8 serves. 

You have to love a risotto with no continual stirring, always good when you have a two year old wanting to be held during dinner prep. 

ENJOY! 


No comments:

Post a Comment