Friday, March 27, 2015

Gluten Free Scones

Since vintage Daddy found out that he must follow a gluten free diet he really has missed having scones. For years I have used my Gran's recipe and it has never failed. I have searched for recipes, I have tried many and they have been awful. Several weeks ago I found a recipe, tried it but of course I changed the  recipe as I always do. Well it was perfect and Vintage Daddy gave it the thumbs up. When something is good I need to share! 





What you will need

3 cups of Gluten Free Self Raising flour
2 tbsp of butter 
1 tbsp of caster sugar 
2/3 cup of milk
2/3 cup of water 

Method

1. Sift flour into large mixing bowl. Add sugar and mix.
2. Rub room temperature butter into sifted flour with finger tips( making sure you rub through butter quickly).
3. Mix milk and water into flour mixture, mix through with a knife making the figure of eight movement. 
4. Tip dough out onto a floured surface and press out dough to about 1inc thick. Cut with a medium size scone cutter or as Gran would with a Jar/glass.
5. Flour a baking sheet and place scones touching each other( they help each other to rise placed this way). Should make about 10-12.
6. Brush the top of scones with a mixture of milk and egg yolk, to create a lightly golden scone. 
7. Bake in a hot oven at 220C for approximately 12 minutes or until just golden. 
8. Serve hot scones with Jam and cream. 
# be careful to not over cook as they will go very hard

Enjoy! 





No comments:

Post a Comment